General Recording Suggestions
We want you to look and sound your very best in your video, and to help make that happen, we have some tips and tricks to share with you! Here is a video which shows the difference between raw footage and a finished video.
- Test your tech, lighting, sound, and video quality before recording. Make sure all devices you are using are fully charged before you start.
- We will be adding beginning and ending title cards to all videos in order to have consistency across all the offerings.
- We will be adding subtitles to all videos to support any hard-of-hearing or deaf Handspinning Seminar participants
- Turn off all other devices on your wifi network to optimized bandwidth, close all other tabs & windows on your device, turn off notifications, & run a speed test at fast.com.
- If possible, please use headphones/earbuds/microphone. This helps to prevent feedback & echoes, and ensures everyone can hear you clearly. If you’re using earbuds, please avoid scarves, dangly earrings, and be sure your hair won’t be touching/rubbing the microphone.
- Try to film in a quiet location where you can concentrate & speak freely. If you’re in a large room or a room with hardwood floors, you may want to put blankets & towels on as many surfaces as possible to help absorb sound and avoid echoes.
- We will be recording your interview via Zoom. We will provide you with the link. You do not have to have a Zoom account.
- Expect to spend about 15 minutes prior to the recording chatting with your interviewer and tech support while we test out the set-up.